Friday, May 8, 2009

First Solo Trip to Malaysia

And you thought I was a wimp!!! Above, see me grinding flour (with giant mortar and pestle) and below, see me with a machete (on loan from my mother-in-law, yikes!) chopping lemon grass. Getting ready for Eid is hard work! (Sept. 2007)




2 comments:

  1. Salam sister Amanda...

    Subhanallah.. it's so great to see u in one of my best friend's house.. huhu... really admire u..

    oh, forget to introduce myself.. me, maryam, a friends of Atiqah and izzah, the daugthers of ur hubby's brother.. i'm so happy to find ur blog.. cause i've been heard about u so long.. Salam taaruf from me..
    i'm in UK rigth now...

    huhu... may each of us in Allah's limitless blessing and love...

    Salam sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wa'alaikum salaam wa rahmatuAllah!

    I'm glad to meet you Maryam! Sorry for not replying sooner- I didn't check the comments at the bottom of my page (oops!).

    Where are you in the UK? Are you studying there?

    Hope to meet you in Malaysia someday, inshaAllah!

    Peace,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete