Saturday, May 30, 2009

Oh Don't Cha Know (Signs of Appleton)

This being my first time living in the midwest, I had to pay tribute to the catchy language of the natives. :) Now I know where my mom and Grandpa Don got their appreciation and talent for the finer points of American English. :)
I don't think I've seen a pet salon happier than this one! Clippety Do-Da (like Zippety Do-Da from Pinnochio, I think, right?) lol... I know it's cheesy, but these things just tickle me. :)

Peddling bicycles-- get the double entendre?

We all thank the world for coffee-- a brewed awakening is far better than a rude awakening! Kamal and I love this coffee shop. There's no better place for coffee and gelato in Appleton! It's especially nice on early Saturday mornings when we come out for the Downtown Appleton Farmer's Market.



Brewed Awakenings from the outside.


The thriving metropolis of Downton Appleton (you can see the yellow awning from Brewed Awakenings across the street). This is right where the Farmers' Market will be come June 20. I can't wait!

Cute name for a furniture store. ;)



The Recyclist-- a used bike shop. Smart, right?
Oh don't cha know those Wisconsiners know how to phrase things just right!

No, I am not just getting fat!!! You can't see the slogan under "BellyBeans" it says "for the hot mama and the cool baby"-- I must say we fit the bill! lol

Kamal is so delighted to find a baby shop that sells retro clothing-- perfect for a little Kamal! (Oh, btw, and the comment here was "well, honey, you could find out what it is and just not tell me, so you could come here and buy this shirt before we move to Malaysia." Hey, wait a sec, after my "going green" post?!?!? That's just wrong! And look who's so sure it is a boy!


A fun hippi-type import shop. We always swing through to see what's new here. :) This is where Kamal got that cute blue bag for me with the embroidered flowers. My Berkeley Bag. :)

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maksu..i want to baby sit ur baby..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assalamualaikum wbt..( in excited mode) ^-^

    Subhanallah..Eiman..I love your name..Kak long has told me earlier but should I call u mak su also??..hehe just joking..

    Syukran,and thus I will call u Eiman..May Allah increase & elevate your status in jannah..

    You can call me Sharifah, although my name is Sharifah Nurul Hidayah..Better to call Sharifah right..it will be easier for you...

    I wanna see your baby also..

    uhibbukifillah.. (^-~)
    May Allah give Your SAKINAH EIMANIYAH..ameen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kak Long, you can babysit for me anytime, inshaAllah! :) jazak Allahu khayran!

    Sharifah-- so nice to know you, alhamdulillah! We can't wait to see baby too, inshaAllah. :) May Allah make him/her a healthy good sincere Muslim, ameen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. assalamualaikum...the retro t-shirt is cool..

    ReplyDelete